Dr. Salas-de la Cruz is an Assistant Professor for the Department of Chemistry and Center of Computational and Integrative Biology. Dr. Salas earned his Ph.D. in chemical and biomolecular engineering from the University of Pennsylvania. A Rutgers faculty director of Leap Academic University Charter School’s Fabrication Laboratory, Dr. Salas-de la Cruz most recently served as a senior application engineer/research engineer for the Power Plant Components Division of Holtec International, serving the energy industry.
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania – 2011
- Master of Science, Villanova University – 2007
- Bachelor of Science, University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez – 2000
- Materials Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Nature Inspired Biomaterials
- 3D BioPrinting Technology